Welcome to my (almost) official website!
ศุภณัฐ ชัยดี | チャイディー スパナット
Lecturer, Department of Mathematics
Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
Assistant Dean of the Faculty of Science
(Corporate Communication Affair)
Brief Biography (Details in CV)
My hometown is Chiang Mai. So I studied on the primary and secondary levels at Montfort College, Chiang Mai. After that, I graduated undergraduate degree from the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University in March 2011. I graduated Master’s Degree in Science (Mathematics), Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University in October 2013. Finally, I graduated Doctoral degree in Mathematical Sciences from the Graduate School of Advanced Mathematical Sciences, Meiji University, Japan, in March 2017. Currently, I have been a lecturer at the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University since July 2017. I was granted the Development and Promotion of Science and Technology Talents Project scholarship (DPST) from 2008 to 2017. For more details, you can click on my CV or Research.
My hobbies are photography, doing graphic design, joining volunteer activities (e.g. academic camps).
This homepage is constructed to store some useful articles written by me or collect some valuable articles. I will be happy if you are interested in my articles or ideas. However, using the articles made by me should give me credits or references.
In an informal way, I have written my personal blog: SnC Spaces (called spaces, when it belonged to Microsoft) since 2005. However, I write in the Thai language.
My main research interest is related to the mathematical modeling using geometry approaches, especially in the discrete and computational geometry. In addition, I am interested in computational mathematics, and mathematics education.
Current Research Interests
Mathematical Modeling Using Geometry Approaches
Keyword: Tessellation analysis based on Voronoi diagrams, Land-use optimization with Voronoi diagram approach
Discrete and Computational Geometry
Keywords: Polygons, Polyhedra, Voronoi diagrams, Origami (based on geometrical viewpoint)
Keyword: Combinatorial enumeration, Applications of Geometry to Data Science
Keyword: Geometry-based Learning, ICT in Mathematics
Current Research Projects
The details of the research are on the interested research page.
- Geometric Models for analyzing the natural phenomena
- Centroidal Spherical Laguerre Voronoi Diagram (TRF Project)
- Covering the Sphere with Spherical Figures (with Prof. Takashi Yoshino)
- Geometric Model for CT Scan Image (with Papangkorn Inkaew)
- Problems in Discrete and Computational Geometry
- Squares in Trapezoids (with Nattapon Rintaew)
- Convex Configuration in 2D (with Kirati Sriamorn, Sira Sriswasdi)
Geometric Modeling Research Group
My students are my pride!
Recent Students Theses
- Recognition of Spiral Voronoi Diagram (with Chanikan Sawatdithep : M.Sc Applied Math)
- Development of the Mastery Learning Self-study Package on Geometry for Upper Secondary Students by Comparing Classical and Analytical Geometry Concepts (with Wuttichai Chaipanya : M.Sc. Teaching Math)
Recent Senior Projects
- Investigation on the Characteristics of Durian Leaves for Robust Approximation of Area (with Kanokwan Kanta)
(Last updated: January 4, 2022)
The students who are interested in doing research with me (such as seminar / senior project / Thesis ) should follow the instruction HERE (Thai Language).
CMU has managed the online teaching platform at MS Teams due to the COVID-19 pandemic since the semester 1/2020. Therefore, my class materials have been uploaded to MS Teams.
- 206116 Calculus for Natural Sciences 2
- 201190 Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Science Communication (Science Communication Part)
- 206331 Advanced Calculus (April 2020)
(Last updated: January 4, 2022)
SnC in Media
I sometimes gave academic presentations or academic services online, and the media were recorded on YouTube.