Welcome to my (almost) official website!
ศุภณัฐ ชัยดี | チャイディー スパナット
Lecturer, Department of Mathematics
Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
Site updated: December 7, 2020
Teaching in semester 2/2020 (November 2020 – March 2021)
206112 Calculus 2 (Sec 004) [first half] | 206331 Advanced Calculus (course details are available in MS Teams)
Schedule of semester 2/2020
Brief Biography (Details in CV)
My hometown is Chiang Mai. So I studied on the primary and secondary level from Montfort College, Chiang Mai. After that, I graduated undergraduate degree from Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University in March 2011. I graduated Master’s Degree in Science (Mathematics), Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University in October 2013. Finally, I graduated Doctoral degree in Mathematical Sciences from the Graduate School of Advanced Mathematical Sciences, Meiji University, Japan, in March 2017. Currently, I have been a lecturer at the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University since July 2017. I was granted the Development and Promotion of Science and Technology Talents Project scholarship (DPST) from 2008 to 2017. For more details, you can click on my CV or Research.
My hobbies are photography, doing graphic design, joining the volunteer activities (e.g. academic camps).
This homepage is constructed to store some useful articles written by me or collect some valuable articles. I will be happy if you are interested in my articles or ideas. However, using the articles made by me should give me credits or references.
In an informal way, I have written my personal blog: SnC Spaces (called as spaces, when it belonged to Microsoft) since 2005. However, I write in the Thai language. Sorry about this. T_T
You can contact me by the following ways.
- Mathematical Modeling Using Geometry Approaches
- Keyword: Tessellation analysis based on Voronoi diagrams, Land-use optimization with Voronoi diagram approach
- Discrete and Computational Geometry
- Keyword: Polygons, Polyhedra, Voronoi diagrams, Origami (based on geometrical viewpoint)
- Computational Mathematics
- Keyword: Combinatorial enumeration
- Mathematics Education
Current Research Projects (Updated 2020/12)
The details of the research are in the interested research page.
- Geometric Models for analyzing the natural phenomena
- Centroidal Spherical Laguerre Voronoi Diagram (TRF Project)
- Covering the Sphere with Spherical Figures (with Prof. Takashi Yoshino)
- Geometric Model for CT Scan Image (with Papangkorn Inkaew)
- Voronoi Diagram for Predicting the Climate Data (with Anawat Suriyamanee)
- Problems in Discrete and Computational Geometry
- Squares in Trapezoids (with Nattapon Rintaew and Nishida Shuto)
- Convex Configuration in 2D (with Kirati Sriamorn, Sira Sriswasdi)
Recent Senior Projects (Updated 2020/12)
- Intersection problem of spherical figures
- Computational geometry model for visualizing and predicting climate data
The students who are interested in doing research with me (such as seminar / senior project) should follow the instruction HERE (Thai Language).
Brief Current Teaching (Details in Teaching)
Starting from the academic year 2019, I will be a coordinator of a “seminar in mathematics” for undergraduate students (206390). The course website is HERE.
- [Apr 2020] Due to the COVID-19 situation, I have worked at home since late-March. Please contact me via e-mail or Facebook. Let’s hope that the situation will be better soon.
- [6 June 2019] I will not be on campus due to research activities on the following days. For any discussions, please make an appointment in advance.
- M 17 Jun ~ F 21 Jun: Geometry Research Boot Camp (@CMU, Lamphun)
- F 28 Jun ~ T 9 Jun: Research Discussion (@Sun-Yat Sen University, Guangzhou)
- Th 18 Jul ~ T 23 Jul: Research Discussion (@NSTDA, BKK)
- [8 July 2018] I am a visiting researcher at Meiji Institute for Advanced Study of Mathematical Sciences, Meiji University from July 9 – September 29, 2018. Please contact via e-mail during that time.
- [29 June 2017] I already have new e-mail. For the academic purposes, please contact me via 「supanut[dot]c[AT]cmu[dot]ac[dot]th」.
- [29 June 2017] I added the new page 「Teaching」 for storing the teaching material, and details about seminar (390) and senior projects (499). The students who want to do researches with me, please read This Page before a meeting.
- [27 June 2017] I just got a new job as a lecturer at the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Thailand, starting from July 3, 2017.
- [15 May 2017] My previous institutional e-mail account (schaidee[at]meiji.ac.jp) has been terminated since March 27, 2017. To contact me, please use my personal e-mail ([at]hotmail.com) instead of the previous institutional e-mail temporarily.
- [23 May 2016] Currently, I am a committee member of Thailand-Japan International Academic Conference (TJIA2016), held by Thai Students’ Association in Japan under the Royal Patronage (TSAJ). It is the interesting conference not only for Thai students in Japan but also for anyone who wants to exhibit idea to the Thai student community. The details of the conference are provided in http://tsaj.org/tjia2016.
- [11 January 2016] I just added the page “Trip and Travel” in the website. Check it then lol
- [5 December 2015] I just added the page “Links” and “Conference Lists” in the website. Check it then lol
- [26 Aug 2015] I just uploaded the GeoGebra manual for CompTools 560 of Chula. The link to the file is on the page GeoGebra.
- [1 August 2015] I just added new pages about LaTeX and GeoGebra. The LaTeX part is now separated from the article page. However, it is still a subpage of the article page. I will update the article about LaTeX and GeoGebra soon.
- [30 June 2015] My website at http://www.student.chula.ac.th/~54721219/ was entirely deleted from Chula web host. Please enjoy my new house here 😀 (I have completely updated all of the article links on this website.)
- [25 May 2015] This website is under construction. Now, I am moving my website from http://www.student.chula.ac.th/~54721219/.